UTICA, N.Y. -- The man accused of shooting a Utica man to death on Bleecker Street this past June appeared in Oneida County Court Friday.
Utica police say 35-year-old Omar Ortiz shot and killed 25-year-old Deon Williams on June 28.
Ortiz was slated to have an answer and argument hearing Friday morning, but instead further pre-trial hearings were scheduled.
He rejected a plea deal on December 3.
Ortiz was arrested in Pennsylvania after the alleged homicide, where police say he was responsible for committing additional crimes.
His next court date is set for January 15.
- Man accused in Bleecker Street homicide appears in court
- Man accused in 2018 Bleecker Street homicide appears in court
- Trial for man accused in Bleecker Street homicide starts Monday
- Utica Police: Bleecker Street homicide suspect arrested in Pennsylvania
- Mother of baby found on Bleecker Street appears in court, pleads not guilty
- Man found guilty on all counts in 2018 Bleecker Street homicide
- UPDATE: Utica police ID man killed in Bleecker Street shooting
- Utica man charged in late night shooting on Bleecker Street
- More time to decide on plea in Bleecker Street homicide case
- 2 facing felony drug charges following Bleecker Street search