UTICA, N.Y. -- The man accused of killing a Utica teen was arraigned in Oneida County Court Monday.
Brandon Clark, 21 from Cicero, pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder charges in the death of 17-year-old Bianca Devins.
As part of the court procedures, an offer was made. In this case, the plea offer extended is the maximum sentence for the crime.
The case is adjourned until September 16 for filing of motions, the peoples answers, oral arguments, and court decision is scheduled for September 23.
Family and friends of Bianca Devins, filled the court room, wearing pink and pins that said “Justice for Bianca.”
Last week, an Oneida County Grand Jury returned an indictment, which formally charged him with the murder of Devins.
Clark is being held without bail.
Clark's attorney, Luke Nebush, says the investigation is still on going.
- Man accused of killing Utica teen Bianca Devins pleads not guilty
- Homicide of Utica teen Bianca Devins: A timeline of events
- Family and friends hold candlelight vigil to remember Bianca Devins
- Courts still awaiting autopsy results in Bianca Devins case
- Adirondack Bank Center lit up in pink to honor Bianca Devins
- Bianca Devins' family remembers her on 18th birthday as Clark appears in court
- Utica teen pleads guilty to killing 17-year-old Stefan Medina
- Utica man pleads not guilty in teen homicide case
- Utica man accused in grandmother's death pleads not guilty
- Man accused in Utica's Cornhill shooting pleads not guilty