BRIDGEWATER, NY -- We're learning that a man is under arrest for punching a person in the face, and biting their nose.
37-year-old Leon Marriott violated an order of protection against the person that he had the dispute with.
The victim was able to exit the house and seek out help. Just before 12:30am this morning, Oneida County Sheriff's Deputies went to a house along Babcock Hill Road in the Town of Bridgewater.
Marriott fled the scene before police arrived, but they found him at a nearby family members' house and took him into custody.
Marriott is charged with harassment, menacing, and criminal contempt.
He was taken to Oneida County Jail where he awaits arraignment later this morning.
- Man arrested in Bridgewater after early morning dispute
- Bridgewater woman arrested on meth manufacturing charges
- Vacant brick building in Bridgewater being demolished
- Tractor-trailer crashes into Bridgewater garage
- Sangerfield man arrested after weekend dispute
- Kirkville man arrested following Verona domestic dispute
- Bridgewater residents to experience low water pressure during system repairs
- Mug Club: Bridgewater Fire Company's Donation Breakfast & Chinese Auction
- UPDATE: Verona man arrested following dispute, 10-hour standoff
- Early morning drug raid in Ilion leads to three arrests