CORNING, N.Y. (AP) - An upstate New York man has been charged with manslaughter after his 82-year-old grandmother died in a house fire.
The Corning Leader reports that 21-year-old Justin L. Gause was charged with second-degree manslaughter, first-degree reckless endangerment and third-degree unlawful manufacturing of methamphetamine after the Tuesday morning fire.
Officials say Gladys Ann Willow died in the house fire.
Gause was arraigned Wednesday morning and sent to the Steuben County Jail without bail. It was not immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
Officials said it was too early to say if the making of methamphetamine caused the fire.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Man charged after grandmother dies in house fire
- Utica man to be charged with murder after grandmother dies from injuries
- Utica man allegedly stabbed grandmother, then lit her on fire
- Alleged killer officially charged in deaths of grandmother, landlord
- Third victim: Utica man accused of killing grandmother, landlord hit with attempted murder charge too
- Utica man pleads not guilty to murder, arson charges in grandmother's death
- Utica man accused in grandmother's death pleads not guilty
- Case against man accused of killing grandmother in Utica adjourned
- Utica man accused of killing grandmother, setting apartment on fire offered plea deal
- Grandmother foils Washington school shooting plot