RICHFIELD SPRINGS – State Police have arrested Ronald E. Dingman, 53, for allegedly choking his 53-year-old wife to the point she lost consciousness, and using an ax to damage her vehicle.
Police were responding to a domestic call at 499 Little Lake Road in Richfield Springs on Sept. 11, 2019, when they arrested Dingman. He’s been charged with second-degree criminal mischief, a D felony, as well as assault, criminal obstruction of breathing, menacing and criminal possession of a weapon.
Dingman was arraigned in the town of Norway Court and remanded to the Herkimer County Jail in lieu of $2,500 cash bail or $5,000 bond.
Police say the investigation is ongoing.
- Man charged with assaulting wife, damaging her car with ax
- West Winfield man accused of assaulting wife with cell phone, damaging TV
- Croghan man arrested, charged with assault, strangulation
- Rome man charged after wife's body found in landfill
- UPDATE: Man charged with assault following 7-hour standoff in Rome
- Cassville man charged with assault after altercation with deputy
- Man indicted on charges in slayings of his wife, NY trooper
- Man acquitted in 4th trial for wife's murder now charged with DWI
- Man arrested on multiple charges following Old Forge car theft
- UPDATE: 8 cars damaged by fire at Carbone Subaru