HAMILTON, N.Y. – A Munnsville man has been arrested and charged with rape after hospital staff notified police when a 14-year-old girl with developmental disabilities was found to be pregnant.
Medical staff at Community Memorial Hospital in Hamilton said the teen came in complaining of a sore throat and flu-like symptoms. After a physical exam and interview, the staff determined she was pregnant.
Glynn W. Collins, 44, is charged with two counts of second-degree rape, two counts of second-degree criminal sex act, second-degree sex abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
Police have not yet identified the relationship between Collins and the girl.
Collins was arraigned in the town of Stockbridge Court and remanded to the Madison County Correctional facility on $5,000 dollars bail. He is scheduled to appear in the town of Sullivan Court on Nov. 11, at 2 p.m.
- Man charged with rape after hospital finds out 14-year-old disabled girl is pregnant
- Utica man accused of raping 14-year-old girl
- Utica man faces rape charges
- State police: Utica man raped, impregnated a mentally disabled minor
- Brookfield man accused of raping underage girl
- Utica man charged with child rape
- New York hospitals to repay victims charged for rape kits
- Amber Alert canceled; missing 14-year-old girl found safe
- Missing Rochester 14-year-old girl found, Amber Alert canceled
- 14-year-old girl missing from Ilion found safe, police say