ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - A man has been convicted of murder, drunken driving and leaving the scene of an accident in the death of a 3-year-old boy last June in Rochester.
A jury convicted 48-year-old Frank Cassata of Mount Morris on Friday. Prosecutors say Cassata was drunk and had been arguing with a group of people when he plowed his car onto a Rochester sidewalk trying to hit a man. The vehicle hit 3-year-old Amir Pallet, who died.
Cassata faces 25 years to life in prison when he's sentenced in March.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man convicted of murder for running over 3-year-old boy
- Hit-and-run crash kills 3-year-old boy in Rochester
- Robert Coffin convicted of second-degree murder
- Jury convicts Chicago officer of 2nd-degree murder
- Police ID 3-year-old boy who drowned in Goodyear Lake; death ruled accidental
- Appeals court overturns doctor's conviction in wife's murder
- Doctor gets $1M cash bail after murder conviction overturned
- Convicted murderer asks Chenango County judge to set aside verdict
- FBI, divers, state officials search for 3-year-old boy who disappeared from his grandmother's backyard
- A 3-year-old boy repeatedly entered the wrong password, locked up his dad's iPad until 2067