DEERFIELD, N.Y. – An 83-year-old man was taken to the hospital after he accidentally backed into a neighbor’s house just after 10 a.m. Monday.
According to the Oneida County Sheriff's Office, Robert Martin was backing out of his driveway on Marnie Street when he reportedly hit the gas too hard, plowing into the neighbor’s home across the street. No one was in the home at the time of the crash, and the owner has been notified of the incident.
The Deerfield Fire Department says the man was transported to St. Elizabeth's Hospital after complaining of chest pains. No other injuries were reported.
Martin was issued a summons to appear in court at a later date.
- Man crashes into neighbor's home in Deerfield
- Santa comes to Deerfield
- Deerfield Home Alone house goes viral
- School bus involved in Deerfield crash
- Driver in Deerfield crash in critical condition
- Coin collectors converge on Deerfield
- Two identified in Deerfield shooting
- Spectrum Office in Deerfield Moving
- Mug Club: Deerfield Fish Frydays
- Cold Brook man dies after Deerfield crash, child injured expected to be OK