COLD BROOK – A man was killed in an accident with logging equipment in the village of Cold Brook on Monday morning, according to New York State Police.
The industrial accident occurred at 4391 Norway St. in Cold Brook, Herkimer County. Police say the son of 70-year-old William Kraszewski was moving a large “head rack” from a logging truck across his driveway to an adjacent lawn, and Kraszewski was standing in front of the fork lift in an attempt to stabilize the rack as his son got ready to lower it.
Police say the rack then became unstable and fell from the fork lift, striking Kraszewski on the head and pinning him underneath it.
Kraszewski was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say their investigation is continuing.
- Man killed in logging equipment accident in Cold Brook
- Boonville man killed in logging accident in Vienna
- Lewis County man killed in farming accident
- Cold Brook man calls for change to section of Route 8
- CMN 2018 Thanks LOG A LOAD
- Clinton man killed in car-pedestrian accident on Thruway
- Poland students raise trout to study, then release in Cold Brook stream
- Man, 61, crushed by heavy equipment at landscaping company
- Near Record Cold Friday
- Cold Hard Cash