New York State Police are investigating a fatal head-on crash that occurred in Vernon Monday evening.
Police say just after 5 p.m., 27-year-old Jacob Ross of Vernon was driving eastbound on Skinner Road in Vernon when his vehicle crossed the center line and struck a vehicle driven by 18-year-old Gabrielle March of Munnsville.
Ross had to be extricated from his vehicle by Vernon volunteer firefighters, and he died from his injuries at a local hospital. Police say he was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
March sustained a broken ankle in the crash.
- Man killed, teen injured in head-on crash in Vernon
- 5 teens seriously injured in Vernon accident
- 3 injured in Vernon crash involving a tractor trailer
- Vernon man facing animal cruelty charges
- Teen injured in Sangerfield two-car crash
- Vernon teen to perform in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Vernon crash leads to DWI and Weapon charges
- Bus crashes in Vernon with 19 VVS students on board
- Youngs Road reopens following Vernon pickup truck crash
- Several cows in transit from Vernon to PA killed in Chenango crash