New York State Police are investigating a fatal head-on crash that occurred in Vernon Monday evening.
Police say just after 5 p.m., 27-year-old Jacob Ross of Vernon was driving eastbound on Skinner Road in Vernon when his vehicle crossed the center line and struck a vehicle driven by 18-year-old Gabrielle March of Munnsville.
Ross had to be extricated from his vehicle by Vernon volunteer firefighters, and he died from his injuries at a local hospital. Police say he was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
March sustained a broken ankle in the crash.
- Man killed, teen injured in head-on crash in Vernon
- 3 injured in Vernon crash involving a tractor trailer
- Vernon man facing animal cruelty charges
- Vernon crash leads to DWI and Weapon charges
- Several cows in transit from Vernon to PA killed in Chenango crash
- UPDATE: 1 man killed, 1 injured in Stratford crash
- Vernon Downs prepares for upcoming racing season
- Vernon Center residents discuss contaminated water issue
- Canastota man accused of raping child in Vernon
- New Hartford man injured in Verona crash