SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - A 69-year-old man is on trial for allegedly killing his wife during an argument inside the couple's central New York home earlier this year and hiding her body in a rental storage unit.
Pande "Pete" Trifunovski is charged with second-degree murder in the death of 62-year-old Snezana "Suzie" Trifunovski.
Prosecutors say the husband beat and strangled his wife during an argument in their Lysander home last January. Her body was later found dumped in a storage locker in a neighboring town.
Pete Trifunovski testified Friday that he and his wife, both natives of Macedonia, fought often during their 25-year marriage. His attorney contends Trifunovski didn't' intend to kill his wife on Jan. 8 and only did so in a fit of rage.
Prosecutors say his rage wasn't an isolated incident, but had been building for decades.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man on trial for wife's fatal beating inside couple's home
- Georgia Tech dominates inside, beats Syracuse 73-59
- Man acquitted in 4th trial for wife's murder now charged with DWI
- Witnesses detail fatal afterparty in Ricky Woods murder trial
- Wife of missing Dolgeville man pleads for his safe return
- 4 men charged in beating of gay couple leaving a bar in Austin
- Utica man accused of lewd act inside Herkimer convenience store
- Herkimer man accused of possessing cocaine inside county jail
- Orange County Man arrested for scamming elderly couple in Baldwinsville
- Beating holiday back pain