HERKIMER, N.Y. -- There was another water rescue in the Mohawk River in Herkimer County over the weekend.
Representatives with the Herkimer Fire Department say they had to pull a man from the water near the Maytan fishing site on South Washington Street in Herkimer.
They say they found the man about 800 feet from the fishing area.
After several minutes, they got him onto a boat, then to shore into an ambulance.
They say at that point he was conscious and alert, but have not yet released his name.
- Man rescued near Mohawk River fishing site in Herkimer
- Water rescue in Herkimer County
- Herkimer Legislature moves forward on jail site
- Poll site changes in Herkimer, Oneida counties
- Herkimer man accused of stealing credit card from job site
- What's your favorite fish fry spot in the Mohawk Valley?
- Free fishing this summer on Lake Ontario and adjacent rivers
- Trailer Fire in Mohawk
- Mohawk Graduate Jarvis honored
- Mohawk man accused of welfare fraud