UTICA, N.Y. – The Trenton man who pleaded guilty to beating his horse to death with a baseball bat, has been sentenced to 15 days in Oneida County Jail.
Marvin Miller, 42, pleaded guilty in July to charges of overdriving, torturing and injuring an animal, as well as failing to provide proper sustenance. The incident happened in May along Korber Road near Thompson Road in Trenton.
Investigators with the sheriff’s office say the horse died within minutes of being struck.
In addition to jail time, Miller will have to complete 80 hours of community service and take an anger management course.
- Man who pleaded guilty to killing horse sentenced to 15 days in jail
- Man accused of beating horse to death with a baseball bat pleads guilty
- Man pleads guilty to killing boyfriend in Oneonta in January
- Laurens man accused of killing parents pleads not guilty
- Utica man pleads guilty to sexual abuse
- Isaac Cantu pleads guilty to killing Francis Borasky
- Utica teen pleads guilty to killing 17-year-old Stefan Medina
- Horses helping veterans
- Man pleads guilty to causing crash that killed 3 in February
- Man accused of killing grandmother, elderly landlord in Utica pleads not guilty