SHERRILL – Briggs & Stratton has opened a new commercial products manufacturing facility in Sherrill, N.Y., which will keep 500 jobs in the area, and create 52 more.
The company has a facility in Munnsville, N.Y., but needed a larger building to manufacture its Ferris and Snapper Pro mowers. The new facility in the Sherrill Industrial Park will double the production capacity for Ferris, Snapper, Snapper Pro, Simplicity and some Billy Goat products.
"New York is committed to ensuring that good-paying jobs remain in our Upstate communities," said Cuomo. "By investing in Briggs & Stratton's expansion, we are helping this successful world-renowned business expand, resulting in the creation of more jobs that are building on the positive progress we continue to see in the Mohawk Valley."
To assist with job creation and retention, Empire State Development offered up to $1 million in tax credits through the Excelsior Jobs Program for the project in exchange for retaining 500 existing jobs and a commitment of 52 new jobs over 10 years and a $1.5 million capital grant to equip the new facility.
"I am pleased that Briggs and Stratton is continuing to expand in New York State. The company is known for its quality, American-made products and this new facility will bring economic growth to the region," said Sen. Joe Griffo.
Briggs & Stratton produces gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment, and is a manufacturer and marketer of power generation, pressure washer, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products.
- New manufacturing facility keeps 500 jobs in Sherrill
- Sherrill Manufacturing to showcase products at White House event
- Passing of SPOONSS Act may boost business at Sherrill Manufacturing
- MVCC holds job fair featuring manufacturing opportunities
- Mug Club: Sherrill Quilt Show
- Brindisi, Sherrill Manufacturing push act requiring DOD to buy American-made flatware
- Sherrill Manufacturing expects sales to double with passing of SPOONSS Act
- UPDATE: Cree, Inc. creating 600 jobs in region with new manufacturing facility in Marcy
- Ford to cut 500 jobs this week
- Rogue horse and pony captured in Sherrill