The Marcy-Deerfield JV Pop Warner cheerleaders are heading to a national competition at Disney world in Florida.
The local team finished in first place locally, and then went on to New Jersey where they took second place in a regional competition.
All twelve girls will be competing against girls from all over the country on December 5.
The team is now practicing a few days each week in preparation for the competition.
“Any sport I think is a team dynamic, and they definitely have to work in a team dynamic for this. Especially getting girls up into the stunts and the tumbling aspect of it. I mean we work for hours, just like any other sport, to make sure that people are safe, and up in the air and, you know not falling, and together, and it's just a team union,” said JV Pop Warner Cheerleader Coach Robin Taylor.
Many of the girls will get to spend some time enjoying the Disney resorts after the competition.
We're also told that there are a number of local teams that are also going to the national competition. NewsChannel 2 will keep you posted on the results of the competition as soon as they become available.
- Marcy-Deerfield cheerleaders heading to national competition
- Santa comes to Deerfield
- Kuyahoora Cheerleading Squad are National Champions
- 2 injured in Marcy crash
- Car slams into utility pole in Deerfield
- Fire officials investigating Deerfield house fire
- School bus involved in Deerfield crash
- Car flips over into ditch in Deerfield
- Mug Club: Deerfield Fire Department Chicken BBQ
- Mug Club: Deerfield Fire Department Field Days