Utica, N.Y. - Utica Police say 30-year-old Jonathan Morse of Marcy was arrested during an Easter Mass Saturday night inside Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Utica and charged with Disrupting a Religious Service.
Police say Morse attempted to gain access to the altar on two separate occasions. Then, after the second time Morse approached altar, he was asked to leave by off duty police personnel from the Utica Police Department and New York State Police but instead created a disturbance by yelling and refusing to leave.
Morse was ultimately taken into custody by on duty Utica Police Officers who responded to the disturbance.
No injuries were reported during this incident.
A similar incident happened at Our Lady of Lourdes back in January.
- Marcy man arrested for disrupting Easter Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes in Utica
- Utica church deals with aftermath of mass disruption
- Parishioners step in when man causes disturbance before mass at Our Lady of Lourdes
- Our Lady of Lourdes celebrating 100 years
- Utica Zoo hosts Easter Eggstravaganza
- 1 man hospitalized following crash in Marcy
- 2 injured in Marcy crash
- Mug Club: Utica Lady Knicks AAU Tryouts
- Marcy man accused of making meth in Rome
- Fire collapses roof at home in Marcy