ROME, N.Y. -- After 50 years in the aviation maintenance profession – a Marcy man has the distinct honor of being awarded the highest recognition by the FAA.
Bob Malara was presented with the Charles Taylor Award.
The Master Mechanic Award is presented to an individual who has exhibited professionalism skill and expertise for at least 50 years in the aviation maintenance profession.
Because his father was an FAA certified mechanic – you could say it’s in his blood. In fact – he graduated from the Riverside School of Aeronautics, a school his father founded.
His father also won this award back in 1994.
“The skies the limit you get out of something that you put in to this. I put 50 years into this so did my dad. following in his footsteps I put the best into it. I got nominated the FAA called they said you got an award here and I said ‘what?’” said Malara.
Bob says he should be retired by now, but he just can't step away from the job, especially when it’s in your blood.
- Marcy man awarded highest honor by FAA
- Marcy man honored by the FAA
- 1 man hospitalized following crash in Marcy
- 2 injured in Marcy crash
- FAA investigating Southwest over baggage weight data
- Marcy man accused of making meth in Rome
- Fire collapses roof at home in Marcy
- Marcy woman wins CMN $100,000 Miracle Drawing
- Marcy-Deerfield cheerleaders heading to national competition
- Coyote sightings in Marcy; two dogs killed