Rome, N.Y. -- After 50 years in the aviation maintenance profession, a Marcy man as been awarded the highest recognition by the Federal Aviation Administration.
Bob Malara was presented with the Charles Taylor Award. The Master Mechanic award is presented to an individual who has exhibited professionalism, skill, and expertise for at least 50 years in the aviation maintenance profession.
You could say it's in his blood. Bob's father was also an FAA certififed mechanic.
Bob graduated from the Riverside School of Aeronautics, a school his father founded in 1967. His father also won the Charles Taylor Award in 1994.
"The skies the limit," says Malara. "You get out of something what you put into it. I put 50 years into this and so did my dad. I'm following in his footsteps."
Bob says he should be retired but he just can't step away.
- Marcy man honored by the FAA
- Marcy man awarded highest honor by FAA
- 1 man hospitalized following crash in Marcy
- 2 injured in Marcy crash
- FAA investigating Southwest over baggage weight data
- Marcy man accused of making meth in Rome
- Fire collapses roof at home in Marcy
- Marcy woman wins CMN $100,000 Miracle Drawing
- Marcy-Deerfield cheerleaders heading to national competition
- Coyote sightings in Marcy; two dogs killed