(WWBT) A Marine Corps veteran has reunited with his military dog after years of fighting overseas and stateside dealing with another battle - cancer.
Joe Fahrenbach served with military dog Fuli from December 2012 to January 2015, including a six-month deployment to Afghanistan 2014.
"Everything about him, his drive, his willingness to work... it just made going to work so much fun," Joe said.
Since their separation, things have changed. Fuli lost his eye from an infection, while Joe faced a fight of his own - not on the front line, but in the hospital, battling leukemia since July 2017.
"It's been kind of a 180 lifestyle change for me going from very active to very sedentary," Joe said.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2KrIkt3
- Marine veteran battling cancer reunited with K9 partner
- Tenney reunites Army veteran's family with WWII service medals
- Oneida County K9 Cero dies
- NY State Police Investigator dies following battle with cancer
- Benefit for Desiree Sotelo, local military vet battling cancer
- Waterville community shows support for editor battling breast cancer
- Utica Common Councilman dies after battle with cancer
- Local musicians help one of their own battling cancer
- Repurposing pot-sniffing K9s if marijuana legalized
- Boilermaker announces 2018 Charity Bib partners