TRENTON, N.Y. -- The massive fatal fire in Trenton from Wednesday afternoon rekindled overnight.
Crews from Barneveld, Holland Patent and Stittville were all back on the scene Thursday morning.
The Barneveld fire chief confirmed that a man in his 90s escaped the fire, but died a short time later from complications.
The thick black smoke could be seen for miles, and high winds helped to spread the fire that eventually made its way to the house.
First responders got the call just after 4 p.m. Wednesday, and responded within just a matter of minutes.
Wind gusts were reported to be between 40 to 50 mph which caused the fire to spread to all three structures a total loss.
The fire started from a wood stove in a building behind the house.
Barneveld firefighters tried to go inside to protect the house, but the fire quickly got out of control and spread from one structure to another.
A GoFundMe page has been set up for the family impacted by the fire.