ALBANY, N.Y. -- A Maynard Fire Department member, who is also a sergeant in the Army, has been elected into the New York State Senate Veterans' Hall of Fame.
New York State Senate Deputy Minority Leader Joe Griffo selected Sergeant Major Wiley R. Jones, II and recognized him during a ceremony in Albany on Tuesday.
Jones is a veteran of two tours in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, one tour in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and New Dawn and was deployed in support of Operation Desert Storm and Desert Shield.
Since enlisting in the Army in 1988, Sergeant Major Jones has served in a variety of roles, and has served on many deployments -- he is also the recipient of many domestic and international honors.
Sergeant Major Jones is a 30-year volunteer firefighter with the Maynard Fire Department, member of the Town of Marcy Zoning Board of Appeals, member of American Legion Post 1113, Lifetime member of Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8259 and member of Military Order of the Purple Heart Chapter 490.
Jones and his wife, Karen, reside in Marcy and have one daughter, Loren.
To read his full bio, click here.
- Maynard FD member, who is also a decorated Army sergeant, elected for Senate HOF
- Maynard Fire Department taking new approach to recruit new members
- Former Army sergeant guilty in deaths of wife, NY trooper
- Army sergeant charged after West Point cadet dies during training
- Vitali Klitschko and Erik Morales win election to Boxing HOF
- Baseball fans weigh in on Rivera's unanimous HOF election
- Mug Club: Maynard Fire Department Chicken BBQ
- Mug Club: Maynard Fire Department Ham Dinner
- Mug Club: Maynard Fire Department Halloween Party
- Mug Club: Maynard Fire Dept. Chicken BBQ