UTICA, N.Y. – Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri has announced that playgrounds and some wading pools at city parks will reopen on Monday, July 6.
The following parks will be open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays:
- Addison Miller Park, York Street (Playground)
- Pixley Park, Noyes Street (Playground and wading pool)
- Wankel Park, Rugby Road (Playground and wading pool)
- Proctor Park, Culver Avenue (Playground)
- Quinn Park, Rutger Street (Playground and wading pool)
- Seymour Park, Euclid Road (Playground)
- O’Connors Park, Mohawk Street (Playground and wading pool)
Today I'm announcing the reopening of parks in the @CityofUtica effective Monday, July 6th.
Individuals who utilize the parks must maintain physical distancing and wear a mask.
— Robert M. Palmieri (@MayorPalmieri) July 1, 2020
Palmieri says Valley View Golf Course, Roscoe Conkling Park and the Parkway Recreation Center will also open Monday. The John Mott Tennis Courts at the Parkway Recreation Center received grant funding from the United States Tennis Association (USTA) to help with the cost of reopening.
Visitors to the parks are asked to follow state health and safety guidelines, including wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.