BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - The first medical marijuana dispensary in Buffalo has opened its doors.
The Botanist opened on Monday. It is the first of four locations planned by operators Acreage Holdings of New York City. Acreage says the other stores will open in Farmingdale, Middletown and Queens in the coming months.
Medical marijuana has been legal in New York state since 2016, but only in a non-smokable form and only for select conditions including AIDS, cancer, multiple sclerosis, post-traumatic stress disorder and to replace opioids.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Medical marijuana dispensary opens in Buffalo
- Medical marijuana in Oneida County: First dispensary opens in New Hartford
- First medical marijuana shop in Oneida County opens this week
- West Point honors Buffalo Soldiers.
- After Texas shooting, Buffalo church plans training
- Corruption trial begins in Buffalo Billion case
- Local office using medical marijuana to fight opioid addiction
- Lawmakers vote to let opioid addicts use medical marijuana
- New York to allow medical marijuana as substitute to opioids
- NYC, Buffalo-Rochester bid for Amazon's second headquarters