ORISKANY, N.Y. -- Meet the newest addition to the Oneida County Sheriff's Department's K9 unit.
Enzo is a German shepherd that will be performing narcotics detection, building searches, and tracking.
In anticipation of the possible legalization of marihuana, Enzo will be certified to detect various types of drugs, not including marihuana.
K9 Enzo is being named in memory of Deputy Sheriff Anthony Calenzo, a member of the sheriff's office who served the community for over 29 years.
Calenzo passed away in 2016.
- Meet Enzo: Newest K9 named in memory of fallen Oneida County deputy sheriff
- Deputies needed for Oneida County Sheriff's Office
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office trains new K9 deputy in case marijuana is legalized
- Oneida County sheriff named Red Kettle campaign chair
- 28 names being added to NYS Fallen Firefighters Memorial
- Oneida County Sheriff deputizes UPD narcotics unit
- Oneida County Sheriff : "Have a plan"
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office receives state accreditation
- Benefit being held for Willowvale fire chief, Oneida County deputy sheriff diagnosed with stage 4 cancer
- New York troopers memorialize fallen comrades