ROME, N.Y. -- The Oneida County Board of Legislators are expected to meet at 2pm today in the Oneida County Courthouse to discuss special funding for the hangars at Griffiss, in Rome.
They want to modernize the heating system in the hangars at the former Griffiss Air Force Base, in hopes of getting some new rent-paying tenants.
On the agenda for today, a contract with C&S companies of Syracuse, for modernizing the heating system.
C&S, proposes to replace the present system with a natural gas approach. Proposed upgrades would also include LED lights, motion sensors to save power in unused areas, and updated software.
C&S has estimated the annual heating cost savings for more than $1 million a year.
- Meeting set over Griffiss hangar funding
- Fighter Jets return to Griffiss
- Griffiss Institute receives Upstate Revitalization grant
- New sculptures installed at Rome's Griffiss Park
- Griffiss holds public open house event
- New NYSTEC headquarters opens at Griffiss park
- More than $7.5M in federal funding secured for upgrades at Griffiss
- Oneida County awarded additional $2.5M for drone tasks at Griffiss
- Thales Group, NASA reach agreement for UAS work at Griffiss
- UPDATE: Helicopter crash at Griffiss International Airport under investigation