A memorial foundation has been established in honor of Whitesboro Police Officer Kevin Crossley, who was killed in an on-duty crash earlier this year.
The Kevin “Bing” Crossley Memorial Foundation was recently established at The Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties. It was established by Crossley’s parents, George and Linda Crosley, with donations that they received from the community, including the funds collected from a GoFundMe page.
Officer Crossley, 34, was killed in an on-duty crash on Oriskany Boulevard the night of April 11. He was a lifelong resident of Whitesboro, previously served as captain of the Whitesboro Fire Department, and served with both the Whitestown and Whitesboro police departments. His lifelong dream was to become a police officer.
“Many people have asked how the family plans to spend the GoFundMe proceeds,” said Frank Candella, a longtime friend of Kevin’s and a member of the foundation’s advisory committee, in a news release. “The Crossley family feels fortunate to have had Kevin’s funeral expenses paid for. As a result, they want to give back to the local community in Bing’s memory.”
The new foundation will award scholarships in different areas that interested Crossley, such as small engine repair and criminal justice. It will also support community outreach programs that help bring together local youth and law enforcement. The Crossley family and members of the foundation’s advisory committee also plan to hold events in his honor, such as corn hole and golf tournaments, to raise funds for the foundation.
If you’d like to donate to the Kevin “Bing” Crossley Memorial Foundation, click here. You can also send checks payable to the Kevin “Bing” Crossley Memorial Foundation to The Community Foundation, 2608 Genesee Street, Utica, NY 13502.
- Memorial foundation created in honor of Officer Kevin 'Bing' Crossley
- PHOTOS: Officer Kevin Crossley's funeral
- Memorial fund aims to keep officer Kevin Crossley's memory alive
- Calling hours Tuesday for Officer Kevin Crossley; travel advisory issued
- Road closures for Officer Kevin Crossley's funeral Wednesday
- Funeral for Officer Kevin Crossley this morning in Utica
- Crossley, VanNostrand among 63 fallen officers honored at memorial in Albany
- Whitesboro community mourns loss of officer Crossley
- Whitesboro Officer Crossley laid to rest
- Police provide details on Whitesboro crash that killed Officer Kevin Crossley