COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- Memorial services are being planned for John Smirk, the man who drove his vehicle into Otsego Lake last Thursday.
75-year-old John Smirk, Jr. was a Navy veteran of the Vietnam War, a manager to a number of New York City skyscrapers, and owner of the Cooperstown Bed & Breakfast with his late wife Linda.
Calling hours will be held this Wednesday from 4 to 7 pm, at Tillapaugh Funeral Home, in Cooperstown. It's being followed by a memorial service.
There will be a celebration of life this Thursday, from 5 to 8 pm, at Buckley's Restaurant in Brooklyn.
John's family says you can bring plants and Spring flowers so they can be planted to re-sprout each Spring in John's memory. Monetary donations can be made to the Double H Ranch, Lake Luzerne, or www.donorschoose.org.
- Memorial services planned for John Smirk
- WATCH LIVE: National memorial service for Sen. John McCain
- Politics dominate McCain memorial service
- List of local Memorial Day parades and services
- Community comes together for Cheri Saupp's memorial service
- Memorial services held for Lockerbie victims 30 years later
- Rome Memorial Hospital enacts emergency preparedness plan due to threat
- Yorkville Fire Memorial
- Memorial Day Weekend Forecast
- Girl, 4 others shot during Syracuse memorial service expected to live