UTICA, N.Y-- For the first time in 10 years, the Boilermaker post-race party will have a military flyover consisting of two F-16 fighter jets.
The flyover was secured by Senator Joe Griffo and the Boilermaker.
Proctor graduate Cpt. Nicholas Hanna will be one of the two pilots flying over the brewery for tomorrow's party.
Hanna grew up in the Utica area and said that bringing two huge parts of his life together in one day will be special.
"Oh it's awesome because I grew up here I went to Proctor, to MV for a year, and I went to SUNY Poly, and that's one part of my life. The other part of my life is what I do in New Mexico and bringing those two together is pretty awesome," said Hanna.
The Jets are scheduled to fly over the brewery following the national anthem at 10:15 am. Getting those jets over the brewery at the exact moment Hanna said takes a lot of coordination.
The pilots asked the singers in advance to time out their songs so the pilots can determine down to the second when to fly over.
But even though the flyover will only last a couple of seconds, the memory of the special flight will be with Cpt. Hanna for many years to come.
- Military flyover scheduled for Boilermaker post-race party
- Boilermaker post-race party beer announced
- NewsTalk: Post-Boilermaker Nutrition
- What the Race! Food trucks add to this year's Boilermaker post race party
- Staff at F.X. Matt Brewery prepare for Boilermaker post-race party
- For first time in 10 years, fighter jets fly over Boilermaker Post Race Party
- Boilermaker post race party kicks off at the brewery in Utica
- Boilermaker 5K, 15K & wheelchair race top finishers
- Security heightened for this year's Boilermaker race
- Fun facts about the Boilermaker Road Race!