UTICA, N.Y. – Karen Fournier collected her $100,000 prize on Friday after winning the annual Children’s Miracle Network ‘Miracle Drawing’ on Oct. 16.
She plans to put the money toward a new roof on her house and as well as some other home improvement projects.
Fournier, who purchased her ticket on one of the last days they were for sale, says probably wouldn’t have won if it weren’t for her son.
“I kept putting it off, and putting it off, and then it came to the very last day, and my son said to me ‘are you going to go buy that ticket?’ I said ‘well I don't know,’ and he says ‘well go buy it because you never know.’ So I was on my way back home and he told me to turn around and go back and buy the ticket, so I did. So I came here at Chanatry's and bought the ticket,” said Fournier.
She also says she will continue to purchase tickets for the Children’s Miracle Network because it all goes for a good cause.
Fournier purchased her winning ticket at Chanatry’s in Utica.
- Miracle drawing winner says she has son to thank for $100,000 prize
- MVHS $100,000 miracle drawing special event held at Holland Farms
- Marcy woman wins 2018 CMN $100,000 Miracle Drawing
- Oriskany woman wins $100,000 Children's Miracle Network drawing
- Tickets still available for Children's Miracle Network $100,000 drawing
- Kendrick Lamar is a Pulitzer Prize winner
- Find out where you can purchase Children's Miracle Drawing tickets
- Children's Miracle Network Thanks Confidata
- Children's Miracle Network Thanks YOU!
- Base Run Draws Hundreds