New Hartford, N.Y. - New Hartford Spartans senior attackman Aadam Mirza has stepped up this season to produce offensively for a team that has largely succeeded based on defensive play.
Mirza has 42 goals and 63 points through 14 games this year, leading the team significantly in both categories. He has 22 more goals than the next leader on the team and 26 more points that the second highest scorer.
"I've just been trying to do my part here this year because we lost a lot of seniors last year," said Mirza. "They were a big part of the team so I'm just trying to fill those shoes."
While his leadership on and off the field aren't questioned, it's not his skill that defines his game, but rather the effort he puts forth to succeed.
"His motor is constantly going," said Spartans head coach, Dan Pope. "He's going a thousand miles an hour and it doesn't matter if it's the first quarter or the fourth quarter, he's going at the same pace."
Mirza has helped lead the Spartans to a 9-5 overall record, extending their TVL winning streak to 47 straight games with a 5-0 league record this year.
They have two regular season contests remaining, against Watertown and Proctor.
For more on Aadam's story, click on the video above.
- Mirza takes reins of Spartans offense
- Spartans' local supremacy continues with 46th straight league victory
- Spartans kicker proving she's one of the best in the league
- Kaia Henderson tops 1,000 points mark in Spartans' win, Hamilton edges Oriskany and Whitesboro remains undefeated in TVL
- 18 Syracuse students out of classes after offensive videos
- Former Adirondack school principal gets probation for sex offense
- New Hartford offense rolls against Whitesboro as they capture sixth straight Sparrior Cup
- Utica Post continues to roll with offensive clinic against Adrean Post
- Sports Express Wrap: Clinton defends home ice against rival Spartans, Utica earns huge league point over Elmira, Holland Patent hands Cooperstown first loss of the season in boys basketball
- Mug Club: Take Steps Walk