Apalachin, N.Y. - A non-verbal autistic 13-year-old boy from Tioga County is now back home safe and sound after spending the entire night Friday night into Saturday morning out on his own.
State Police received a 911 call around 9:15 last night that 13-year-old Easton Kamper had left his home in the Tioga County town of Apalachin wearing just a sweatshirt, sweatpants and just one shoe.
Police say a search began immediately with dozens of local agencies and hundreds of volunteers. Searchers went door to door and looked throughout the night in the neighborhood, as well as in wooded areas and near streams.
Police say the boy was located by a citizen near Main Street and Cross Street in Apalachin around 8:00 Saturday morning. Police say he appeared to be in good condition and was transported to a local hospital to be checked out.
- Missing autistic boy found alive
- UPDATE: Missing autistic man in Fulton County found safe
- 15-year-old boy reported missing in Delaware County found
- People's 'Sexiest Man Alive' is...
- UPDATE: Missing Verona man found
- New Hartford, VVS keep seasons alive with wins in Section III boys lacrosse tournaments
- Puppy found alive in rubble one month after Hurricane Dorian hit the Bahamas
- California woman was found alive inside her snow-covered vehicle after weeklong search
- Missing Adirondacks skier found safe in California
- UPDATE: Missing Frankfort teen found in Utica