NEWPORT, N.Y. – The New York State Division of Financial Services (DFS) Mobile Command Center came to Newport Wednesday, to advise homeowners, renters and business owners affected by flooding on handling insurance issues.
DFS representatives are at the Newport Fire Department on Main Street to assist residents with contacting their insurance and reporting flood damage. They’re also providing information on typical insurance coverage.
The command center will be in Herkimer County until Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the fire department.
There is also a storm hotline at 800-339-1759 open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to assist with questions from flood victims.
More information can also be found at: www.dfs.ny.gov.
Anyone affected by the storm can also call 211 for assistance.
Residents who would like to report damage in their community, can email: HCFlood@herkimercounty.org.
The following information should be included in the email:
- Address of the property
- Nature/type of damage (debris on property, embankment damaged behind/near property, damage to building foundation, etc.)
- Name and contact information of individual reporting the damage
- UPDATE: Mobile Command Center in Newport assisting flood victims through Sunday
- Griffo secures funding for Rome PD's new mobile command center
- Resource centers help flood victims find assistance, services
- Area flood victims invited to informational meeting in Newport
- American Red Cross continues to assist area flood victims
- Fire rips through Newport restaurant
- Newport Mayor : "We need help"
- UPDATE: Troopers investigating Amish buggy vs. vehicle crash in Newport
- Oneida County residents apply for flood assistance
- Picente announces $1 million for flood assistance