Mobile home catches fire in Van Hornesville

Firefighters spent hours battling a fire they say started in the wood stove of a Van Hornesville home late last night.

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 7:36 AM

Firefighters spent hours battling a fire they say started in the wood stove of a Van Hornesville home late last night.

The home at 691 Travis Road is still standing.

Firefighters say the inside was badly damaged and constitutes a total loss.

Every one made it out safely without injuries, after an attempt by the homeowner to extinguish the flames.

Though the fire appears to have started in a wood stove fire crews are still investigating how the fire got out of control.

In the meantime, Van Hornsville Fire Chief Steve Edick is advising anyone with a wood stove to make sure their chimney is clear and that the stove is clean before lighting any fires.

Article Comments

Utica
Scattered Clouds
21° wxIcon
Hi: 36° Lo: 27°
Feels Like: 9°
Oneonta
Clear
19° wxIcon
Hi: 36° Lo: 26°
Feels Like: 9°
Herkimer
Scattered Clouds
21° wxIcon
Hi: 38° Lo: 27°
Feels Like: 9°
Thendara
Scattered Clouds
21° wxIcon
Hi: 29° Lo: 23°
Feels Like: 9°
WKTV Radar
WKTV Temperatures
WKTV Severe Weather
Click here to learn more about A Healthier Mohawk Valley
Enter the New York Sash Teddy Bear Toss VIP Package Giveaway!
Home Free Contest
Flood Coverage
Castlewood Food Vouchers 50% off Now thru November 21