MOHAWK, N.Y. – The Mohawk Fire Department will hold an open house Wednesday night to discuss fire safety with the public as part of National Fire Prevention Week.
The event will be at the fire station, 28 Columbia St., Mohawk, from 6 – 8 p.m.
The department is primarily made up of volunteers, and anyone interested in volunteering is encouraged to come to the open house.
"We are always looking for volunteers, we are a volunteer organization made up of people just putting their time to help out the community and it does take time, we train every month plus the state training that you have to take in order to do different things within the fire service, so it is time consuming, but it is very rewarding," said Deputy Chief Joseph Crisino Jr.
Members of the fire department will also be there to show people around the station and talk about the equipment and how it’s used.
- Mohawk Fire Department holding open house, looking for volunteers
- Mug Club: Mohawk Fire Department Open House
- Local fire departments looking for volunteers, holding open houses this weekend
- Mohawk garage fire melts house siding
- Trailer Fire in Mohawk
- Utica Armory holds open house
- Dollar General on Mohawk Street to hold grand opening Saturday
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- The Mohawk Homestead holds Penny Drive
- Utica Fire Department holds promotion, appointment ceremony