Photo Gallery 4 Images
ROME, N.Y. – Four Air National Guard members have been recognized and promoted at a ceremony held in Rome Monday.
Two of the four are natives to the Mohawk Valley and are being recognized by the New York Air National Guard's 224th Air Defense group for their ability to lead and capability for additional leadership.
Promoted and recognized airmen were:
• Erica Campbell, Whitesboro, to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Campbell is a Mission Crew Commander at the 224th Air Defense Squadron (ADS).
• Michael Kidd, New Hartford, to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Kidd is a 224th ADS Mission Crew Commander.
• Mark Keown, Royal Canadian Air Force, North Bay, Ontario (residing in Rome), to the rank of Master Warrant Officer. Keown serves as the Senior Enlisted Leader at the Eastern Air Defense Sector's Canadian Detachment.
• Capt. Colin Wiley, Royal Canadian Air Force, Meaford, Ontario (residing in Utica), received the Deputy Commander, NORAD Commendation in recognition of his outstanding performance over the last three years.
The Air National Guard says leadership promotions are based on overall performance, attitude, leadership ability and development potential.
- Mohawk Valley Air National Guard members promoted at ceremony
- Panel discussion promotes economic growth in the Mohawk Valley
- Mohawk Valley Edge honors 6 local companies at award ceremony
- Utica Fire Department holds promotion, appointment ceremony
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Several Mohawk Valley schools nationally recognized for music education programs
- NY, especially the Mohawk Valley, leads nation in nonprofit jobs
- NY Air National Guard unit to help with hurricane response
- Undersheriff appointed at Oneida Co. Sheriff's Office promotion ceremony
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala