HERKIMER- The Mohawk Valley Challengers raising money for their own field.
Mohawk Valley Challengers is a program for children with special needs that allows them to play flag football and participate in cheerleading. It's the only one of its kind between Syracuse and Albany. There are 30 people in the program.
Program leaders told NEWSChannel 2 they're trying to raise money for a new field, and they're relying on the community to help with that.
"This is a good representation of them and their ability and we would like to challenge other local businesses to match our donation and beat our donation," said James Adams with Johnson's Carpet Plus Color Tile. "Ultimate goal is for them to get their own place to call home and giving back to these kids because they deserve everything we were able to have while growing up," he added.
Mohawk Valley Challengers are seeking $20,000 for their own field. Johnson's Carpet donated $500.00.
Games are every Saturday until the end of October from 11 a.m.- 2p.m.
- Mohawk Valley Challengers flag football game
- Mohawk Valley Challengers face off against Herkimer's finest for annual football game
- Elks Lodges around the Mohawk Valley celebrate Flag Day
- Chili & riggies cook-off benefits Mohawk Valley Challengers
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority Talks Freezing Pipes
- Dangerous travel conditions in the Mohawk Valley
- Newstalk: Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency
- Mohawk Valley Welcomes Veterans for Free Picnic