ILION – The Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency has opened a new office in Ilion.
A grand opening for the Community Action Access Point, or CAAP, was held at the new office at 38 Morgan St. in Ilion. The office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The agency now has nearly 30 offices and access points in Oneida, Herkimer and Madison counties.
Eighty percent of the families served by the MVCAA have some kind of income, but they have a tough time making ends meet, and that’s where the MVCAA comes in.
"Whether it might be with locating a new, affordable home, or some back rent assistance, or help with applying for supportive-types benefits heap, HEAP or food stamps," said Amy Turner, executive director of MVCAA. "All those kinds of things, our staff can help guide people through those things."
Turner says that for many of the people they serve, their salaries simply can’t keep up with the ever-increasing cost of living.
- Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency celebrates opening of Ilion office
- Newstalk: Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency
- Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency hosts annual Community Day
- Overdosed in the Mohawk Valley: Local agencies to call
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Elks Lodges around the Mohawk Valley celebrate Flag Day
- Utica Mutual celebrates 105 years in the Mohawk Valley
- Italian eateries celebrating St. Joseph's Day in the Mohawk Valley
- YWCA Mohawk Valley salutes outstanding women in the community
- Survey shows Mohawk Valley colleges positively impact the community