NEW HARTFORD, NY – The 14th Annual Mohawk Valley Latino Association Gala was held in New Hartford Saturday.
The event took place at Daniele’s Banquet Specialists on Seneca Turnpike and featured plenty of Latin food and music.
The gala is held each year to celebrate Hispanic heritage and honor members of the Latino community.
It also serves as a fundraiser for the Mohawk Valley Latino Association, who uses the money to support a wide variety of programs and services in the Hispanic community.
Sonia Martinez, founder and chairman of the MV Latino Association, says the event serves as a formal occasion for members of the Latino community to get together and learn from each other.
“That’s what’s great about our city, we’re such a diverse community and have so many different ethnicities. That’s why I think the Utica area is growing in popularity, with families moving from all different types of races and ethnicities.”
This year’s celebration honored several local Latino business including, El Barajo Restaurant, Gloria’s Ice-cream, G & J Beauty Salon, Bueno’s Transportation, Mi Casa Restaurant and Innovative Interiors.
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association hosts annual gala
- Third Annual Mohawk Valley Basketball Classic
- Sorority gala raises funds for Heart Association
- Abraham House 20th annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency hosts annual Community Day
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Children's Dyslexia Center hosts 5th annual gala
- NEWSTALK: Latino American Festival
- Bagg's Square Association hands out annual awards