FRANKFORT- The Mohawk Valley welcomed its 5th annual free picnic for veterans and first responders this Sunday afternoon. At St. Francis DiPaola Society Club dozens of veterans made their way from around the area to enjoy free food and live music.
This free chicken BBQ was put on by a Herkimer County resident who came up with the idea one Sunday five years ago.
“I think it is an opportunity to us to say thank you to them for what they've done for us,” said Daniel Enea, organizer of the picnic. “They have given a lot to us.”
Volunteers from around the area donated tons of food, desserts, giveaways, and more. One Navy veteran could not believe the spread which was available.
“Being a veteran from the Vietnam era it means a lot to see things like this happen. It is great,” said Vic Leskovar, retired Navy veteran.
If you or someone is interested in donating to this cause next year, you can search their Facebook at “Veterans Picnic”.
- Mohawk Valley Welcomes Veterans for Free Picnic
- Mohawk Valley welcomes USA Blind Hockey team for training camp
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority Talks Freezing Pipes
- Dangerous travel conditions in the Mohawk Valley
- Newstalk: Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association hosts annual gala
- Heavy, wet snow hits the Mohawk Valley
- Third Annual Mohawk Valley Basketball Classic