Smoking rates have gone down locally in the past five years, and there has been a statewide decline in smoking since 2011.
In Oneida County, adult smoking rates went down from 22 percent in 2013 to 14.6 percent last year.
Rates have also decreased in Otsego County, in 2013 – 26.3 percent of adults smoked, but in 2018 that decreased to 19.7
In Herkimer County, smoking rates only went down slightly from 25.8 in 2013 to 25.1 in 2018.
If you'd like to quit smoking there's an upcoming free smoking cessation class being offered in Rome.
It's being held at the Rome Memorial Hospital on May 9 at 5 p.m. on the second floor. If you'd like to attend call 315-338-7143.
- Mohawk Valley smoking rates on the decline
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Youth smoking decline stalls, e-cigs to blame
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority Talks Freezing Pipes
- Dangerous travel conditions in the Mohawk Valley
- Newstalk: Mohawk Valley Community Action Agency
- Mohawk Valley Welcomes Veterans for Free Picnic
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association hosts annual gala
- Heavy, wet snow hits the Mohawk Valley