UPDATE: According to the National Grid Power Outage Map, the widespread power outage in Madison, Oneida and Onondaga counties has been mostly restored.
The map shows that 110 customers are still without power in Madison County, but the numbers for Oneida and Onondaga counties are each fewer than five.
More than 12,000 National Grid customers are without power this afternoon in Madison, Oneida and Onondaga counties.
There are currently 8,696 customers without power in Madison County; 1,349 customers without power in Oneida County; and 2,304 customers without power in Onondaga County, according to the National Grid Power Outage Map. At one point, the number of customers without power in Madison County was more than 10,000.
People in the area say the outage is due to a tree that fell on power lines, but the exact location is unknown at this time. The power outage ranges from the city of Oneida, west to Chittenango, north to South Bay, and south to Canastota, according to the state Department of Transportation.
According to the map, the estimated restoration time is 5:30 p.m. for Madison County, 5:45 p.m. for Oneida County and 6 p.m. for Onondaga County.
Drivers throughout the region may experience traffic delays as there are currently many stop lights without power. According to the state DOT, these are just some of the intersections where temporary stop signs have been requested:
- Route 365A at Walmart/ Route 5
- Route 5 at S Peterboro (Rt 13)
- Several intersections along Lenox Ave in Oneida
- Route 13 at 31
- Route 13 at Thruway
- Route 13 at Oxbow
- UPDATE: Widespread power outage mostly restored
- Power restored in New Hartford
- UPDATE: Power restored in New Hartford, Utica following wires down
- UPDATE - National Grid reporting power outage in Utica area
- Power outage impacting some in New Hartford
- North Utica Walmart reopens after power outage
- Widespread light snow returns
- First widespread frost Friday night
- Power restored late Thursday morning following south Utica crash
- Genesee Street: Power is restored and lanes back open