Marcy, N.Y. - A moving tribute to veterans was held Saturday morning at SUNY Polytechnic Institute in Marcy as Sitrin Health Care Center held its 8th annual Stars & Stripes Run/Walk.
The goal of the event is to raise money for Sitrin's Military Rehabilitation Program which provides local post-9/11 combat wounded veterans the vital assistance they need.
U.S. Marine Corps Staff Sgt. Greg Richmond who is active duty was on hand Saturday to show his support for the cause, "I’ve been a United States Marine going on 13 years now and getting a chance to see the community come out and support the people who serve their country really means a lot."
Sitrin President and CEO Christa Serafin say this event has raised a total of $850,000 for Sitrin's Military Rehabilitation Program, including a record $150,000 this year alone which is the biggest one year total in the event's eight year history.
Sitrin's Military Rehabilitation Program provides treatments that are tailored to a veteran's interests, and designed to target specific symptoms related to post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries, amputations, and other combat-related conditions.
Serafin says there is still more money coming in to add to this year's record breaking total, "Our veterans are everything. They provide us the freedom of the life that we all have come to know as Americans and being able to help them and give back to them for everything that they’ve done for us means everything to our facility."
- More than $150,000 raised to help local veterans at annual Sitrin Stars & Stripes Run/Walk
- Sitrin holds annual Stars & Stripes Run-Walk
- Mug Club: Sitrin's Stars & Stripes Run-Walk
- Mug Club: 8th Annual Sitrin Stars & Stripes Run/Walk
- Sitrin Star enjoying experience at Paralympics
- Mug Club: Stars & Stripes Barrel Race
- Mug Club: 5th Annual Veterans 5K Run/Walk
- Celebs, Sitrin STARS go chair-to-chair in annual wheelchair basketball game
- 5K run and walk to benefit local veterans
- West Winfield run/walk for veterans