UTICA, N.Y. -- The Boilermaker Youth Olympics kicked off Thursday morning at Seymour Park.
With the help of 25 volunteers, more than 200 kids joined in on the games Thursday.
Some of the highlights included basketball, checkers and bounce houses.
The youth Olympics introduces kids to Boilermaker activities. And is a great way to keep them active. It reminds the children that being physically active should be year-round.
The event creates future runners for the Boilermaker, as well.
“This is the Boilermaker Youth Olympics where the city kids come in and they just have a great day. And our Bank of America volunteers are here in full force, and are looking forward to helping the kids have a good time,” said Michael Brunner, with Bank of America.
Also at the youth Olympics – a Zumba dance party and face painting by Coco the Clown.
- More than 200 kids participated in Boilermaker Youth Olympics
- WKTV participates in Boilermaker pasta challenge
- Boilermaker Youth Run: Hot ticket for kids looking to train early
- 1,400 kids take part in Boilermaker Kids Run
- PHOTO GALLERIES: Boilermaker 2017
- Interactive Boilermaker Section
- Boilermaker 2018 forecast
- NewsTalk: Post-Boilermaker Nutrition
- Boilermaker Weekend Forecast
- 2019 Boilermaker recap