MORRIS, N.Y. – Morris Central School canceled its Homecoming party after three teens told police a man pointed a gun at them on Main Street.
After investigating, police learned that the object was actually a blue and green toy that launches foam darts.
Following the incident, police arrested 36-year-old Zachary J. Boynton and charged him with three counts of second-degree menacing and endangering the welfare of a child.
Boynton was issued a ticket and will appear in the Village of Morris Court on Oct. 7.
- Morris man arrested after teens mistake toy for gun
- Pellet gun used in attempt to shoot out Morris school cameras; 2 students charged
- Teens found at Taco Bell after allegedly stealing car in Morris
- Morris, Trammell elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Morris Central School District closed due to vandalism
- Norwich man pleads guilty in death of 11-year-old Morris girl
- Rescuers bitten after mistaking bobcats for kittens
- Norwich man arrested for allegedly displaying gun during domestic dispute
- Family of 3 displaced after third fire in Morris this week
- Tavis Smiley says PBS made mistake in suspending him