HERKIMER, N.Y. - The mother who lost her two children in Herkimer's deadly house fire Friday morning, spoke out about her two boys.
She told News Channel 2 that her two kids, 7-year-old Michael Jr. and 6-year-old Richard, were just like any other kids.
They were outgoing, energetic, and always knew how to brighten anyone's day. They also stood up for each other and had a brotherhood bond unlike any other.
She went on to say that they had a lot of friends, and loved going to school. Michael Jr. was into art and loved coloring books.
The family that lived in the home lost everything. The mother said the only items salvaged from the home was what was in the parent’s pockets -- a wallet and a set of car keys.
The GoFundMe page that was set up for the family has surpassed $20,000. The family plans on using the money to cover funeral costs, along with other costs from the fire.
At the end of our conversation with her, she said:
"Never take life for granted, make amends, never say goodbye, just see you later. Because people can go to sleep, and not wake up the next morning."
- Mother speaks about losing her two children in Herkimer fire
- Community devasted by loss of children in Herkimer fire
- Herkimer College closing campus children's center
- Several people displaced by Herkimer fire
- 18 Herkimer County veterans added to memorial at Herkimer College
- Herkimer Mayor to the Herkimer County IDA : "Take responsibility"
- Herkimer Library Welcomes Electric Cars
- Herkimer County approves 2018 budget
- New gym opens in Herkimer
- Implementing Herkimer’s Master Plan