UTICA – The woman whose nine-month-old baby was found in the middle of Bleecker Street two weeks ago appeared in Utica City Court Friday morning.
Ledrika Ford pleaded not guilty to acting in a manner injurious to a child under 17 years old, two weeks after a video was circulating around Facebook showing a baby who was found in the middle of Bleecker Street on the night of March 9.
Ford spoke with NEWSChannel 2 several days after the incident to give her side of the story, saying that her aunt put the baby in a car seat but didn’t strap the child in, and the baby fell from the vehicle when Ford turned a corner because the passenger-side doors on the vehicle don’t reliably close.
Ford is scheduled to appear in Utica City Court again on April 19 for a pre-trial conference.
- Mother of baby found on Bleecker Street appears in court, pleads not guilty
- Man accused in Bleecker Street homicide appears in court
- Man accused in 2018 Bleecker Street homicide appears in court
- Speaking out: Mother of found Bleecker Street baby shares her side
- Mother of baby in viral video on Bleecker Street rejects plea deal
- Man found guilty on all counts in 2018 Bleecker Street homicide
- 2 facing felony drug charges following Bleecker Street search
- Apartments unveiled at newly renovated Bleecker Street building
- UPDATE: Utica police ID man killed in Bleecker Street shooting
- Utica Police: Bleecker Street homicide suspect arrested in Pennsylvania