GUILFORD, N.Y. -- The Norwich Evening Times is reporting that the Chenango County mother who plead guilty to helping her husband kill their adopted son in 2017, has been sentenced.
Heather Franklin, 34 of Guilford, was sentenced to between seven and 11 years in state prison.
In April 2019, Franklin pleaded guilty to manslaughter, arson, and tampering with physical evidence in her son's death.
Franklin claimed her adopted son had unintentionally died after she and her husband left him tied to a bed for a number of hours without being cared for. She said the couple then set fire to their home to cover up the death.
Her husband Ernest, has already been sentenced to 21 years to life in prison for the role he played in their son's death.
- Mother sentenced for killing 16-year-old adopted son
- Chenango County mother admits killing adopted son, burning down home
- Chenango County man found guilty of killing 16-year-old adopted son
- Chenango County man convicted of killing adopted son sentenced
- Sentencing date set for Chenango County man convicted of killing adopted son
- Father convicted of killing adopted son, burning down home
- Trial underway for Chenango County man accused of killing adopted son
- Opening statements underway for Chenango County man accused of killing adopted son
- Trial starts for Chenango County woman accused of killing adopted son
- 16-year-old male shot in Rome