Gregory Penree of New Hartford was killed in a motorcycle accident two weeks ago. On Thursday, the Harley-Davidson community held a benefit in his honor.
Motorcycles completely filled the parking lot at the Harley-Davidson of Utica.
This hit home for a lot of bikers, Penree and his wife were on their way home from the shop when the accident occurred. They were longtime customers of the store.
People gathered to honor him and raise money for his family. There were raffle prizes, live music and a food truck.
Harley-Davidson of Utica's Sales Manager, Bill Slater, said Greg was a great person and will definitely be missed.
"Greg had done a garage door for my father up in Boonville and he helped us at my house. My wife and his wife had worked together for years together, just wonderful, wonderful people. Great children. We'll miss him quite a bit, and we're looking to have a good celebration and raise some money for them. Just let him know we appreciate him."
Even people who didn't know Greg personally came out to support the event. All donations will go directly to the Penree family, and the Harley-Davidson of Utica will match it.
- Motorcycle community comes together for fallen biker
- Whitesboro community reacts to fallen police officer
- Community remembers fallen hero Officer Lindsey
- Brotherhood Ride Brings Out Dozens of Bikers
- Bikers for animals benefits local humane society
- Community blood drive to honor fallen Oneonta firefighter, John Heller
- Bikers ride 100 miles supporting purple heart veterans
- Mug Club: Escorted Motorcycle Ride
- Loved ones, community members pay respects to fallen former firefighter in Oneonta
- Sheriff's Office offers options to register motorcycles