NORWICH, NY - The Chenango County Sheriff's Office has released the booking photo for the suspect in a fatal car-pedestrian crash at the Unadilla Motocross track Friday night.
The Chenango County Public Defender’s Office, which is representing the driver, Edward Burnett of Utica, waived the time constraints of his felony hearing. However, they reserve the right to have that hearing at a later date.
The Chenango County District Attorney’s Office is continuing their investigation, and are waiting for lab results and other information in the case before deciding if charges against Burnett will be upgraded.
The 31-year-old Burnett is charged with vehicular assault and two counts of DWAI with a child younger than 15 in the car. He was reportedly driving on State Route 8 outside of the Unadilla Motocross track with a 30-year-old woman and two young children when he allegedly hit 20-year-old Jonathan Mayzak of South Carolina.
Mayzak died as a result of his injuries.
Burnett is currently being held in the Chenango County Jail on $100,000 cash bail.
- Mug shot released for suspect in deadly Unadilla pedestrian crash
- Pedestrian hit by car near Unadilla racetrack has died
- NewsTalk: Unadilla National This Weekend
- Utica man arrested, charged in hitting pedestrian outside Unadilla Motocross event
- Family of the Unadilla victim speaks out
- Unadilla woman in critical condition after being hit by car
- Thrilla at Unadilla: Iconic motocross track celebrates 50 years
- Unadilla man found guilty of 13 counts of sexually abusing a child
- Unadilla woman arrested for allegedly slashing victim's tires, falsely reporting a crime
- Roczen sweeps at Unadilla 50th anniversary, Cianciarulo claims 250 class top spot