RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A North Carolina State spokesman says the school has received a grand jury subpoena from a New York court seeking records.
Athletics spokesman Fred Demarest confirmed to The Associated Press that the school's office of general counsel received the subpoena from the Southern District of New York on Jan. 17. Demarest added that school's general counsel was told the subpoena was confidential and did not inform the Wolfpack's coaching staff.
It is unclear what records the court is seeking and Demarest declined to elaborate on details of the subpoena, which was first reported Friday by The Washington Post.
It's the same court handling charges that were filed in September in the ongoing federal investigation of corruption in college basketball.
More AP college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP_Top25
Follow Aaron Beard on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aaronbeardap
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NC State gets grand jury subpoena for records from NY court
- Source: NY Catholic dioceses subpoenaed in sex abuse probe
- Markell Johnson's 3-pointer lifts NC State over Syracuse
- Syracuse bowl eligible after win over No. 22 NC State
- Laurens man accused of killing parents indicted by grand jury
- Utica teen indicted by grand jury in teen shooting death
- NY state's highest court boots Rochester judge from bench
- Jury selection starts in NY man's double homicide trial
- New York state subpoenas Cohen in Trump Foundation probe
- Record number enrolled through NY health plan marketplace